Thursday, August 14, 2014

You're Not Old... You're Vintage


For our August Blog Hop, please click HERE.

Hello, Friends! It's Kathy here, ready to share some ribbony goodness with you. This cheery turquoise and yellow birthday card makes me happy every time I look at it.  I got the cute retro images, ephemera and papers from my favorite Etsy shop, Polly's Paper.

Retro RRR 01 

This Turquoise Shimmer Satin Ribbon was the perfect accessory for my retro card. I added some hand made Posy Patch flowers from Heartfelt Creations along with buttons, paper tape, and a perky yellow burlap string bow. I also salvaged a label from a Clabber girl baking powder tin because I thought they were too cute to throw away. Yeah, my sweet hubby doesn't throw anything away until he checks with me to make sure I don't want to add it to my stash in the Closet of Shame. I computer journaled the sentiment because I don't have a stamp with this greeting on it.  Here's a peek at the inside.



I hope you have a sunny, happy and creative day!

3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandra! I have been loving turquoise and yellow together lately.

      Delete
  2. What a great card kitschy, retro and fun! I love the colors you chose to use the turquoise is such an appropriate color and the yellow really perks it up and of course last but not least I love the sentiment thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say