Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chalkboard Birthday Card with Ribbon Banner


For our October RRR Blog Hop, please click HERE.

Hello, Ribbon Lovers! The chalkboard look seems to have taken the crafting world by storm. Today's chalkboard birthday card capitalizes on that trend, and throws a fun ribbon banner treatment into the mix made with gorgeous ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  

Chalkboard Birthday RRR 01
Now that looks like a celebration, doesn't it? The focal image and paper are from the Chalkboard Paper Pack and the wonderful ribbon is green Center Stitch Burlap from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I just looped it around the brads on either side of the focal, tied the ends with gold embroidery thread and "Ta-Da" ! Instant birthday banner! The inside has a fun little surprise tucked in. 

Chalkboard Birthday RRR 04
Yup. It's a little birthday tag tucked into the side pocket and topped with more of that delicious center stitch burlap ribbon! The pocket is a cinch to make. This paper is double-sided, so when I measured it, I just added 2 inches onto the width, scored the paper, folded it over and glued just the top and bottom edge. Instant pocket! 

Chalkboard Birthday RRR 03
I love to make these for friends, neighbors, co-workers...really any time I want to give a little "something" instead of a big gift. The tag can be used as a bookmark, or to decorate an office cubicle. This chalkboard birthday card becomes the gift, especially when you tuck in an individually wrapped chocolate! It's a party in a card! 

That's it for me today folks. I hope you have a fabulous day. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments :

  1. Very cute!
    I loved the design!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous. Not sure how I found this blog, but I am so inspired. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say