Saturday, October 4, 2014

Torn Ribbon Tutorial with Really Reasonable Ribbbon

 

Hello, Ribbon Lovers! Kathy here to share a sweet and simple Home Sweet Home card and a quick tutorial using torn ribbon. 

RRR New Home Card 01
This 6" square top fold card comes together in about 20 minutes, so it's a great one to have in your files for those days when you are time crunched. It's a very straightforward design made with a single sheet of paper from Webster's Pages "Wonder Fall" collection. The thing that makes it special is the torn/frayed ribbon. 

RRR New Home Card 02
I fell in love with the 2" Burlap Cotton Blend Ribbon at Really Reasonable Ribbon. It has a wonderful texture. The olive shade was the exact match for this paper, but it was just a teeny tiny bit too wide, covering up the base of the tea cup. No worries! I measured the width of my card (6") and cut my ribbon just about 1/2" longer than that. Then I took my scissors and cut a little slit at 1 1/4" on the short side of the ribbon (which was the perfect depth for my card) and tore right down the length. Because of this ribbon's wonderful natural fibers, it tore nice and straight. I simply fringed the ends by pulling out the little threads with my crafting pick and then sewed it onto the base of my card. I topped it with a strip of Chloe Natural Crochet Lace and then wrapped gold and navy burlap string above the crochet lace. Easy peasy. I absolutely love the homespun feel it lends to my Home Sweet Home card. 

What did I do with the other little strip of ribbon you may ask? Well, I just folded it over, tied a bit of string around the center of it, added a vintage pearl button on top and voila! I had the perfect bow to go above the sentiment panel on the card. Double score! 

I made my little house with scraps of paper (it's just a square topped with a triangle) punched a heart in the center of the "house" and backed it with another little scrap of the same ribbon. Easy as pie! Here's a peeky at the inside of the card. 

 Once again, ribbon saves the day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say