Thursday, May 10, 2018

Keeping it Natural with Burlap Ribbon

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!   Do you like to add texture to your handmade cards?  I'm always on the lookout for new ways to incorporate texture and layers in my work.  It's one of the reasons I love to add ribbon to my cards!  It doesn't just look pretty...it adds another layer of texture. 


This 5" x 7" top fold card is loaded with layers and lovely textures. I added a simple bow tied with Pink Burlap Center Stitched Ribbon to "tie" all my elements together. 



 Distressed paper edges, rolled corners, vintage buttons, soft shimmering pearls, coiled wire, glittered foliage and flowers enhance the design of this botanical card.  And the texture from the ribbon is the icing on the cake!    As a bonus, this ribbon ties like a dream! 

What's your favorite way to add texture to your crafty creations?  I'd love to hear about it in the comment section below.

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say